Friday, October 26, 2012


Growing up I was always told that I was child with a hyper and overactive imagination. "Expert" after "expert" explained that what I thought I was seeing was just my imagination running wild. They explained to my parents and myself that I had to try and control my imagination by repeating  a mantra every time I "saw" something; they told me to repeat to myself "this is not real, this is my imagination."
In the beginning with the support of my grandmother I was able to resist. I refused to say the mantra and stood strong in the believe that what I saw was real. That what I saw was the truth. As I grew older the pressure to fit in hit me from every angle. The fear to be ridiculed or hurt for being different really started to settle in.
I remember one event during school recess time; as all of my classmates played and ran around. I walked around the park picking up trash. Having spoken to the nature spirits , they asked me to pick up the trash. As I began to pick up the trash a teacher ask me what I was doing when I told him, he took the trash from my hands and threw to the wind. Saying that nature should take care of nature and I should stop being such a weird kid and go play with everyone else. As more and more events like this one happened. Where adults asked and often demanded of me to be just like everyone else; I began to falter, and decided that the best thing to do is "fit in".
Years past and my visions and intuition continue to grow dimmer and dimmer. I then began to see the world like everyone wanted me to see it. Through my five senses and not through my six senses. I eventually found my way back to my connection to spirit. Not that we are ever far from Spirit. We are more like a small child in a room full of light who throws a blanket over themselves closes their eyes and yells "It's So Dark and Scary here!" If we only open our eyes. If we take the blanket of fear of ourselves then we can see the light, the beauty and the love all around us.  So I ask you know; are you willing to take the blanket off? Are you willing to open your eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment